Another Update! Verison 1.03 is out!
Samir has been very busy with Nokmote and Rotate Me and therefore has had very little time to work on Shut Up the application that is based on the Touch UI demo, in which you just flip the phone to cut the call.
Tong Ren meanwhile has released his very own application called Flip Silent with the above functionality. It works well both with calls and alarms, with the alarm being snoozed and the caller getting a busy/unreachable signal.
There is just one catch, you need to email Tong to get an unsigned version, he is yet to put it up for download as of now. But there’s also a good thing for those of you who cannot sign the file themselves, just send an email to email@example.com with your IMEI and he’ll send you a signed file! The file is available for download directly and has been updated to v 1.01. (Thanks Gaurav!) A newer version is out now!!
Here’s what he has to say about the application, “When you are in a meeting or dating, and a call is coming in, you can flipover your phone to make it go into the silent profile and hang up the phone call — without touching anything on the phone, just flip it over, your phone will go into silence!”
The application is pretty customisable with the follwing options available.
1. Flip Over
– silent profile: make your phone go to the silent profile
– Hang up Call: Hang up the call when a call is coming in
– Both: Do both mentioned above — DEFAULT
2. Flip Back:
– previous profile: use the profile you used before — DEFAULT
– Silent profile: remain in the silent profile
– Standard profile: use the standard profile
3. Auto Start
– No: start without the phone boot
– Yes: Start with the phone boot with the configuration interface
– YES & Hide: Start with phone boot, and goes into background
Here’s a video of the application in action.