New N95-1 Firmware v.21.0.016 Changelog Out – Firmware Awaited
Update: The Firmware is now available.
Norman has just IM’d me saying that the changelog for the upcoming N95-1 Firmware is out. Curiously this one time the changelog is out before the actual firmware itself. Following suit from the N95 8GB, it is a major update that brings Flash Lite 3 support that enables flash video playback from the browser itself; we would finally we able to access over video streaming sites apart from Youtube. Also included is support for widgets.
The N95′s stability should inprove further and the performance aspect should also benefit. A nice tweak is that the default year has been changed to ’2008′, it was something annoying. The full changelog can be found after the break.
* Flash Lite 3 support added
* Widget (Web runtime) support added
* Default year changed to 2008
* General stability improvements.
* Pre-defined access point kept after switching to different type SIM card.
* Localization improvements.
* Standby time improvements.
* Improvements to BT headset interoperability.
* Improvement to Calendar data restoring.
* Switch from landscape to portrait mode & screen rotations improvements.
* Improvement to long text writing to web page text boxes.
* Browsing from WLAN wizard improvement.
* Localizations improvements in Music player.
* Windows Media Player recognizes device as Nokia N95.
* Image rotation improvement in album view.
* Gallery & Slideshow performance improvements.
* Improvement to SMS reception.
* Midlet installation improvement.
* Improvement to Java application start.
* Java midlet certificate checking improvement.
* General improvements to Maps application.
* Localization correction to Search in Maps application.
* Improvement to Navigate To -function when started from search application.
* Contact names with accents and more than 11 characters can be copied to SIM card.
If you found this post useful, why not subscribe to the RSS Feed.
If you enjoyed this post, then be sure to subscribe to our Full Feed RSS. You can also Subscribe via Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.Share: