The latest v21 fimrware for the N95-1 is finally available via NSU after being available at Nokia Service Points for some time now. This update brings the Web Runtime support and Flash Lite 3 support to the N95; flash based video in the web browser is finally a go! The complete changelog curiously was out well ahead of the firmware itself and I had posted it here.
This firmware as always will still not be available for operator branded handsets and for some product codes; just wait and watch for now! However this will go to further sadden the hearts of N95-3 owners who are still waiting for a firmware update.
For all N95-1 users who are not prepared to wait, have a look at the unbranding and updating guide here.
The firmware changelog is listed here again:
* Flash Lite 3 support added
* Widget (Web runtime) support added
* Default year changed to 2008
* General stability improvements.
* Pre-defined access point kept after switching to different type SIM card.
* Localization improvements.
* Standby time improvements.
* Improvements to BT headset interoperability.
* Improvement to Calendar data restoring.
* Switch from landscape to portrait mode & screen rotations improvements.
* Improvement to long text writing to web page text boxes.
* Browsing from WLAN wizard improvement.
* Localizations improvements in Music player.
* Windows Media Player recognizes device as Nokia N95.
* Image rotation improvement in album view.
* Gallery & Slideshow performance improvements.
* Improvement to SMS reception.
* Midlet installation improvement.
* Improvement to Java application start.
* Java midlet certificate checking improvement.
* General improvements to Maps application.
* Localization correction to Search in Maps application.
* Improvement to Navigate To -function when started from search application.
* Contact names with accents and more than 11 characters can be copied to SIM card.
If you found this post useful, why not subscribe to the RSS Feed.
Via: S60 Blogger