We had previously reported about the upcoming N95 8GB firmware v20.0.016, the good news is that it is now available via the Nokia Software Updater (via: AAS). The firmware as usual brings us some bug fixes and improvements, but this time it brings a new feature too – Automatic accelerometer based screen rotation a.k.a. the N82. Other changes include:
- Improvements in HTML format handling from Gmail IMAP server.
- WLAN, BT and USB connectivity improvements.
- Improvements to the Switch application.
- Stability in the Gallery when there is a lot of content.
- Startup functionality improvements
- The browser also gets some attention with improvements to embedded video functionality while sending email via browser flash plugin.
Make sure you do a full backup before flashing via NSU and it is best to re-install applications and only restore contacts, calender, notes and bookmarks. This firmware as always will still not be available for operator branded handsets and for some product codes. Full changelog after the break.
- Automatic Screen Rotation (ASR)
- Support for new combo memory added
- Improvement when creating a voice call from WAP page.
- Improvements to embedded video functionality in browser.
- Sending email via browser flash plugin improvements.
- Mail in HTML format handling from Gmail IMAP server improved.
- WLAN connection stability improvements
- BT connection stability improvements with certain BT headsets
- USB connection stability improvements
- Voice call handling improvements after certain type U.S.S.D message receiving.
- Stability improvements to gallery for case when there’s lot of content in Gallery
- Improvements to switch application
- Voicemail icon handling improvements
Deletion of all contacts now possible even more than 6000 contacts in phonebook
Startup functionality improvements