Before I tell you what this is about let me tell you what is up for grabs!
Courtesy of Nokia and WOM World, the winner will receive a Nokia N82, a carrying case, tripod, memory card, headphones and speakers! Plus Five Fanalists plus a friend will see their mobile films screened at the Live Pangea Day event in Los Angeles where an overall winner will be chosen by a celebrity panel. The winner of the Grand Prize also gets to undertake a mobile filmaking trip to the Rwandan Gorilla Reserve with full crew support.
Now if that has your interest here is what you need to do. Just create a film according to the outline provided by David on his site (also mentioned below), upload it to Share on Ovi’s Pangea site and let David know you’re in the running by leaving a comment on his blog. It really is that easy, so get your creative juices flowing, your directors chair ready and record! Details below!
About Pangea Day
It is a global day of films, music and speakers to bring the world together and promote understanding and tolerance. It’s a celebration of what unites us, rather than divides us, via films made by the world for the world.
To enter the competition:
1. Shoot a video on your mobile device on any of these four briefs:
– Film an act of kindness.
– Film the best part of today.
– Film the next thing that makes you smile.
– Film the next person to inspire you.
With the following guidelines in mind:
– Videos must be no longer than 2 minutes in length.
– Your video must be shot on a mobile device.
– You can interpret the theme any way you like!
2. Now upload it to Share on Ovi with the following in mind:
– Select PangeaDay.film as the channel.
– During the Upload remenber to tag the brief and location.
3. Leave a comment on David’s blog to let him know you are in the race!
Contest is open to anyone 15 years of age or older and the deadline for submissions is Saturday, 11:59PM Central Time, May 2nd, 2008. The winner will be announced on David Howell Studios on May 10th, 2008.
Thats it guys! It is that easy. Shoot a film, upload it, sit back and hope to win! To help you do that, here’s a tip – Go through this Mobile Filmmaking Guide before you start! Good Luck!