Just when I was just thinking of formatting my E90 because it had got cluttered with applications and also because some rogue application was really eating into its battery life, Steve brings news that a new Firmware – 210.34.75, is out for the E90. The good thing about it is that the firmware seems to be available across most unlocked phone product codes, unlike the Nseries with which a lot of people need to change their product to update if they do not want to wait, like Nokia would have them.
This update doesn’t bring anything that v200.34.73 did not have, apart from bug fixes. I am updating as I write and should I see something new/different I’ll be sure to update the post. Read on for the AAS Changelog and my experience with NSU running on XP!
[Update: Those of you who are into ROM patching, might want to stay clear of this firmware].
– Flash Lite 3 added, with Flash video support. Rafe reports that his E90 runs YouTube videos perfectly, but on my (admittedly proto) device Web’s still unstable, for me, at least. [It ran just fine on my v200 firmware]
– Web runtime is also supported.
– Maps is still v1.2, i.e. the ‘old’ version
– New ‘Set up Internet telephony’ shortcut on standby screen
– Includes Quickoffice 184.108.40.206, many enhancements over the old 3.85, although without the extra functions of the v4.5 and v5.0 paid upgrades. There are also extra options in Quickmanager, specifically more rebrands of Epocware products. The new Quickoffice is apparently back-ported from the version which will be standard in S60 3rd Edition FP2.
– Application opening and booting seem faster. I don’t think that v210 has demand paging though – seems more like optimisations. The camera seems to start faster, too.
– A boat load of bug fixes and tweaks. The ‘Today’/# bug in Calendar seems to have gone away. Anyone confirm this with a decent size Calendar dataset?
While Steve updated using NSU on Vista running in XP compatibality mode, I am taking no chances and preferring to go with my old XP machine itself.
It seems the NSU on XP also doesn’t like doing its job much, so much for ‘not taking chances’ . Have a look for yourself.
Everything seemed to be going great:
Until suddenly this pops up:
But, I did what NSU asked me to and I have:
Hope you have a smooth journey! Changelog here.