About a month ago a Nokia promotional video apparently got leaked and brought to light a few unreleased devices. One which looked to be a E71 clone and another which seemed to be the E51’s big screen, QWERTY based sucessor. Today, even more details of the E71 clone have come out and it appears as if it will be called the E63.
The body is touted to be mostly plastic and thicker than the E71, but one very welcome addition seems to be the 3.5mm jack, a first for any Eseries device. The keypad also has been modified to allow for more keys in the bottom and as a result the space bar is much smaller. All in all it seems to be a cheaper version of the E71 and this is furthered signified by its ‘E6X’ branding. Its UAP is available here and according to BGR, we it have three variants, the E63-1: for Europe/Asia, the E63-2: without a camera, and E63-3: for the Americas.
The following is the specification list from the person who took the above photos:
- GSM and GPRS + EDGE
- UMTS + HSDPA
- Display: 240 x 320 Pixel, 18bit
- Camera: At least 2MP. No Front Camera.
- Symbian v9.1
- S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1
- MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.1
- Has 3.5 mm jack connector
- Is thicker than E71
- Has a flashlight function (which by pressing the space bar immediately activated and can be disabled)
- No metal construction (plastic only) except Navikey and camera module
- No side buttons
- Left side: microSD slot and micro-USB connector (with hard plastic closure)
- The microphone is on the lower side (not front as E71)
- 2mm mains next to the microphone
- Bottom right (on the corner) is an eyelet
- Menu’s like E71, looks like FP1