Home » Uncategorized

Nokia Celebrates My Birthday – Starts Shipping The 5800 & S60 Follows Suit – Launches A New Ambassadors Campaign

By - On 27 November 2008 9 Comments

As part of my Birthday celebrations, Nokia today announced that they had started shipping the 5800 Xpress Music in select countries around the world including Russia, Spain, India, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Finland, among others. What such an announcement usually means is that you should start seeing the 5800 in stores near you within a week or two. The price will vary from region to region, however in India it is expected to retail at around the Rs. 21,000 mark. This press release means that we could see the 5800 come out in December itself, and not January like we had earlier heard.

Meanwhile to add to the celebrations, a new campaign has been announced for S60 Ambassadors in India and South East Asia. The campaign is open for 12 weeks starting Nov 27th, and will be based on the Nokia E-mail Service. It will feature the usual loaner device for Report of the Week award, and either the BH-800 headset or the BH-501 headphones for the top 10% of NES Ambassadors at the end of the campaign.

Please find the press release for the 5800 Xpress Music here and the new campaign announcement here.

• MAISON CHAPLIN said:

I want a gold version of that device!!

• Matt said:

This might be my next phone. :)

• vikram said:

i think that 21k is little expensive for this phone.

• Nikhil Pai said:

Its funny that Nokia HQ & Nokia India give out conflicting press releases about the availability date of Nokia 5800 in India.

• DIVYA said:

@ 21K THIS IS KIND OF EXPENSIVE IF COMPARED TO SAY ASUS P750 OR SO BUT THEN NOKIA PHONES HAVE A BETTER RESALE VALUE IN INDIA AS COMPARED TO IMATE WHICH IS CONSIDERED AN EXPENSIVE BRAND,HENCE THE PHYCOLOGICAL BLOCK FOR BUYING AN IMATE.

• Jay said:

Awezsome Phone……….Just tell me when it release ………I’m waiting for the past 3 months…..

I’m waiting too. A week or a little more now in you are in India. (Hopefully)

• Aravind said:

Hi,
    Nokia 5800 ExpressMusic is avaibale from 4th Jan, price 22000/-. 21800 to be precise. It will increase if you are buying with credit card . (2% bank charge)

I had demo of the mobile. its good, but has few issues, like , cant add birthday/anniversary(the same is being faced by many people across the globe). Hope Nokia come up with upgraded software.

Apart from that Phone rocks. I love the phone. Have booked it. Will get it on 4th Jan 2009.
    Tc

• Nokia Music Centric Device Coming On March 11? | symbian60 said:

[...] Nokia Celebrates My Birthday – Starts Shipping The 5800 & S60 Follows Suit – Launches A New Amba… [...]