Close on the heels of the E71 and the E71 NAM, the 5800 has also gotten its firmware upgraded to v. 11.0.008. The new firmware features a lot of bug fixes over the older 10.0.010. The one aspect it really helps in is the automatic UI rotation. You can get the new firmware via the NSU application.
However, if you are in India and have recently purchased your 5800, you needn’t bother about his update as your handset probably came with v11 pre-installed, mine did. As usual, backing up the phone prior to updating is a good idea despite the 5800 supporting User Data Preservation (UDP). Full changelog below.
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Firmware v11.0.08 ChangeLog:
- Homepage is not defined for Vodafone Live!
- Last word disappears when selecting receiver in SMS
- My Nokia: phone displays “#” in front of Application name.
- During Back-Up & Restore operation, calendar entries are not restored
- Operator menu link within Welcome application
- Invalid message pops up before playing the file received via Bluetooth.
- Input Method, VKB just display number when selecting a WLAN access point which contains a password.
- Chinese box HWR control buttons and FS HWR control bar are too small.
- Unable to add image to Contact bar from Gallery when there is about 5 GB of data in memory card
- In Arabic UI, in calendar, the arrows on the top are reversed in week view and day view
- UI-rotation is too sensitive
- Search: Google search service is missing in Search.
- Contact could not display when switch numbers in Singtel 2-in-1 SIM card
- Maps: Wrong layout of the strings in the Maps search and favorites views
- Could not send new email if user name and password is not pre-defined
- Phone drops from service when both A5/3 +GEA3 used simultaneously with WLAN
- The Messaging application crashes a lot specially when replying or trying to send SMS you have to remove battery to be able to use the device again
- License Manager for Maps is not integrated to SW
- 5.0 Touch: Phonebook crashing when adding detail: Birthday, Anniversary
- Web screen is messed up
- Non stop Music Player “Library update”
- Clock, Alarm is inactive when phone is power off.
- APN Configuration Settings Update to be used for the Setting Wizard
- Ex-Factory settings are wrong
- UE unable to open Setting Wizard
- StartUpSettings version updated.
- Phone lost correct time during power off
- USSD – “Call Control Send USSD” command
- UE drops from 3G, then cannot sync to 3G cells
- Browser: Flash objects causes problems while browsing
via: Symbian World