Nokia has rolled out a major update for the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music in the form of v.20.0.012 which is available OTA as well as via the NSU (Nokia Software Updater). The new firmware brings improvements to the camera, speed, gallery; it also brings back inbuilt geo-tagging for photos and videos, introduces the Dictionary application amongst a load of other bug fixes.
The 5800 supports user data preservation, so the update shouldn’t be too much of a pain. Lastly, the new ‘HelloOX hack’ still works if that’s something that concerns you.
- Faster operation, speed improvements for Java apps as well.
- Geo-Tagging support for both camera and the video recorder.
- HelloOx hack still works.
- Gallery loads much faster.
- Improvements to the camera.
- New music and download icons
- Better touch sensitivity.
- Flash applications now have a D-pad, like the java ones.
- Improvements to Mass Storage profile stability.
- 3 new application have been added. “app.update” (in the application menu), “Dictionary” and Search (for files and media in storage and web).
- Better bass reproduction.
- Ability to edit the Artist, Album, Genre etc in the Music Player.
- Zoom, Full Screen and Pan options for Flash video.
- Much faster screen rotation.
- Voice recorded files now show up in the Sounds folder in the Gallery.
via: Daily Mobile