Nokia’s Location Aware ‘Ovi Store’ Announced – Will Go Live In May
Nokia today announced the much anticipated app store, albeit with a slight dampner of a delay till May. The store will offer a range of content including applications, games, videos, widgets, podcasts, location-based applications and personalised content, and will be available on both S60 and Series 40 devices.
Ovi Store includes a ’social discovery’ feature which users will be able to activate so content used by their social network peers will automatically be highlighted and made available for download. With tens of thousands of applications, games and videos on offer, this will be a unique way to find and discover new content. The will also be Location aware, and will target users with tailored content, based on their current locations.
The first device to include the mobile storefront on board will be the Nokia N97, set to launch in June. From today, content publishers will be able to register for the Ovi Store at publish.ovi.com. Developers and publishers will then be able to upload content starting next month, in time for the May launch.
If you enjoyed this post, then be sure to subscribe to our Full Feed RSS. You can also Subscribe via Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.Share:
- You Can Now Publish To The Ovi Store For Just A Euro – Plus The Latest Ovi Store Figures
- Web Based Version Of The Ovi Store Now Available On The N900
- Samsung Releases Facebook S! Facebook For Android Alternative
- Exclusive: The N97 Will Come Preloaded With A Huge Collection Of Apps, Games & Widgets In India
- Ovi Store Roll Out Begins – Australia Gets It First