The North American version of the Nokia 5800 that recently started selling again has received a major firmware update in the form of v20.2.014. The update is available via the NSU and should brings updates and bug fixes similar to the v20 that the Euro/APAC 5800 version was blessed with a month earlier.
Unfortunately, the change log isn’t available yet. Here are some of the updates that are expected to be included in the 5800 NAM’s v20 Firmware:
- Faster operation, speed improvements for Java apps as well.
- Geo-Tagging support for both camera and the video recorder.
- Gallery loads much faster.
- Improvements to the camera.
- New music and download icons
- Better touch sensitivity.
- Flash applications now have a D-pad, like the java ones.
- Improvements to Mass Storage profile stability.
- 3 new application have been added. “app.update” (in the application menu), “Dictionary” and Search (for files and media in storage and web).
- Better bass reproduction.
- Ability to edit the Artist, Album, Genre etc in the Music Player.
- Zoom, Full Screen and Pan options for Flash video.
- Much faster screen rotation.
- Voice recorded files now show up in the Sounds folder in the Gallery.