Nokia 5800 NAM Gets V20 Via The NSU
The North American version of the Nokia 5800 that recently started selling again has received a major firmware update in the form of v20.2.014. The update is available via the NSU and should brings updates and bug fixes similar to the v20 that the Euro/APAC 5800 version was blessed with a month earlier.
Unfortunately, the change log isn’t available yet. Here are some of the updates that are expected to be included in the 5800 NAM’s v20 Firmware:
- Faster operation, speed improvements for Java apps as well.
- Geo-Tagging support for both camera and the video recorder.
- Gallery loads much faster.
- Improvements to the camera.
- New music and download icons
- Better touch sensitivity.
- Flash applications now have a D-pad, like the java ones.
- Improvements to Mass Storage profile stability.
- 3 new application have been added. “app.update” (in the application menu), “Dictionary” and Search (for files and media in storage and web).
- Better bass reproduction.
- Ability to edit the Artist, Album, Genre etc in the Music Player.
- Zoom, Full Screen and Pan options for Flash video.
- Much faster screen rotation.
- Voice recorded files now show up in the Sounds folder in the Gallery.
If you enjoyed this post, then be sure to subscribe to our Full Feed RSS. You can also Subscribe via Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.Share: