How To Get A Certificate To Sign Unsigned S60 Apps
There are a lot of ‘unsigned’ applications floating around the web, partly because part time developers either do not have the time or money to get their applications signed via the Symbian Signed program. While quite a bit of such applications can be signed via the Open Signed website, some cannot be and quite frankly there are times when we are simply lazy.
For all such reasons it is best to have a developer certificate with which you can sign the files on the phone itself and install without having to bother with any other method. The following tutorial will show you how to get a certificate (generally within three hours) and is much easier than the OPDA method.
HOW TO GET A CERTIFICATE FOR YOUR S60 DEVICE
- Simply visit http://isign.imobile.com.cn and sign up for an account.
- Fill in the required details, use can even use a fake address. Just keep the username and password in mind.
- Follow the directions in the screenshot.
- Now enter your IMEI number.
- The website will display a confirmation.
- Now the wait begins. When I tried, I got my certificate in about 3 hours time. If you are not already logged in, login to see if your certificate is ready.
- If you see a screen like the following, it means your certificate is ready for download.
- Thats it, now simply unzip the file and get signing. There is no need of a Sign Key pass code.
The best part was that I could do all of this lying in bed, right from my N97′s browser. The bottomline being that I got a developer certificate in less that 3 hours without needing a computer. The next step is to sign the application from the phone itself, guide coming soon. So make sure you subscribe via RSS or Twitter.
PS: I or the The Symbian Blog will not be responsible for any damage or liability that results from the use of the above tutorial. Please do so at your own risk.
If you enjoyed this post, then be sure to subscribe to our Full Feed RSS. You can also Subscribe via Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.Share: