With one announcement after the other in the last four days, Nokia is realy turning it on. Despite the Booklet 3G, the N900 is the device that I am looking forward to the most.
Today, Nokia made the N900 official with one great looking promo video. My advice is leave the reading for now and have a look at it first.
Now that you are already awestruck and desperately wanting the device, have a look at these N900 highlights:
- Maemo 5-powered
- Features a horizontal slider design with a three line QWERTY keyboard.
- 3.5 inch WVGA (800 x 600) resistive touch screen
- An ARM Cortex-A8 600 MHz processor
- 1 GB of Application Memory – 256MB of RAM (and 768MB of virtual memory)
- Nokia BL-5J 1320 mAh battery.
- FM Transmitter, USB Charging.
- Dimensions of 110.9 x 59.8 x 18mm, weighs of 181g.
- 5.0 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics, video capture at WVGA (800 x 480), upto 25 frames per second.
- Tri-band WCDMA and WiFi connectivity.
- Integrated A-GPS, 3.5 mm AV jack – doubles at TV-Out port.
- 32GB of flash storage with a microSD card slot.
- Fennec web browser powered by Mozilla technology, supports full Flash 9.4 and AJAX.
- Unified Messaging and Address book.
- Video playback support for H.264, MPEG-4, XviD, WMV and Flash.
- Panorama desktop with a multi-window task switcher.
- Available in select markets from October 2009 at a cost of €500 before taxes and subsidies.
If you want more details, here is a link to the press release. The device will be demoed at Nokia World but here is a small teaser from Nokia. Stay tuned for more.