The Nokia N97 Mini was today made official during Nokia World ’09’s first keynote. The device closely resembles the N97 design with the exception of a 3.2″ touchscreen, a redesigned keypad (no Navi Pad, but directional arrows), no camera lens cover and 8GB of storage v/s the N97’s 32GB. The Mini is 14.2mm thin and the first Nokia device to sport Lifecasting with Ovi – a service in partnership with the world’s largest social network, Facebook.
Lifecasting enables users to update their Facebook status directly from the device’s homescreen, however the intersting part is that it doesn’t stop there and you can even update your location details, thus enabling a whole new level of social sharing and communication.
The N97 Mini will also be running a newer firmware with greater support for kinetic/flick scrolling amongst other things and the same firmware will be made available for the N97 as well in October. The device is expected to this in Q4 this year.
- OS – S60 5th Edition
- Frequency – GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA 900/1900/2100MHz
- Connectivity – GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA/WIFI
- Size – 113mm x 52.5mm x 14.2mm
- Battery – 1200 mAh
- Display – 3.2″ nHD (640×360)
- Camera – 5 megapixel autofocus Carl Zeiss with dual-LED flash
- Video – VGA (640×360) at up to 30 frames per second
- Storage – 8GB internal, plus micro SD slot
An Introduction To The N97 Mini
You can find the press release here.
[via: Nokia Conversations]