If you are not following this most excellent liveblog, I recommend you should. According to details about Maemo 6 coming out from the Maemo Summit (via the liveblog) in the keynote by Janne Heikkinen, Director – Maemo Product Planning at Nokia we now know:
- Multi-touch is coming to Maemo 6.
- So is support for capacitive screens.
- The main developer frameworks will be Qt (4.6) for native development and Nokia Web Runtime (WRT).
- Nokia will be holding a tech preview of Qt for Maemo 5 today.
- The alpha of Qt for Maemo 6 is expected in Q1 2010. Beta in Q2 2010.
- The alpha of WRT for Maemo 6 is expected in Q1 2010. Beta in Q2 2010.
- The Maemo 6 UI will have a canvas layout for maximum customization/personalization. Widgets everywhere.
- There will be full support for portrait and landscape modes of operation.
Rest as we find out.