Okay, so did you know that there are Maemo based devices that Nokia doesn’t make? If not, its time to meet the Optima OP5-E, a MID that is made by China Optima. The device was primarily made for the Chinese market, but the company not has plans of making a HSPDA variant for the rest of the world as well.
It incorporates a SIM card slot and is telephony capable, much like the N900 but is its OS is no where as pretty Nokia’s Maemo 5. Although the specs hardware wise are pretty impressive:
- 4.3″ 800×480 resistive touch screen
- 806mhz Marvell PXA310+ ARM processor
- 128MB RAM,
- Built-in 3G CDMA, HSDPA expected
- Built-in GPS, Bluetooth
- A 2600mAh battery.
- Expected price around $500 unlocked
- Support for voice, SMS and VOIP.
Here is a unboxing and overview of the Optima OP-5 if it has managed to pique your interest: