Grr Is A Fast & Light Google Reader Application For The N900
If you are looking for a Google Reader application for the N900, I recommend giving Grr by Jan Dumon a try, considering that it has just been released it is a little short on functionality such as starring a post, sharing it and so on but it works well if you are looking for a speedy way to simply browse your RSS feeds on the go. It is in the extras-devel repository (here’s how to easily enable it, the usual warnings apply).
- Once you enter your Google Reader username and password Grr immediately loads your subscribed feeds with an indicator showing the number of unread posts from each website.
- You can set it to display only those sites while have new content, force a refresh or log into a separate account.
- Here tapping on the arrow next to the website’s name you get an option to mark all items as read. A simple tap, opens the relevant post.
- Text is loaded immediately, while the images take a little time depending on the connection you are on.
- Here you have the option of keeping the post unread or opening it in the browser. I would have liked at option to star posts as well, but that will probably come in a future release.
Hat tip to @alextootchie for the find.
If you enjoyed this post, then be sure to subscribe to our Full Feed RSS. You can also Subscribe via Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.Share: