If you are looking for a Google Reader application for the N900, I recommend giving Grr by Jan Dumon a try, considering that it has just been released it is a little short on functionality such as starring a post, sharing it and so on but it works well if you are looking for a speedy way to simply browse your RSS feeds on the go. It is in the extras-devel repository (here’s how to easily enable it, the usual warnings apply).
- Once you enter your Google Reader username and password Grr immediately loads your subscribed feeds with an indicator showing the number of unread posts from each website.
- You can set it to display only those sites while have new content, force a refresh or log into a separate account.
- Here tapping on the arrow next to the website’s name you get an option to mark all items as read. A simple tap, opens the relevant post.
- Text is loaded immediately, while the images take a little time depending on the connection you are on.
- Here you have the option of keeping the post unread or opening it in the browser. I would have liked at option to star posts as well, but that will probably come in a future release.
Hat tip to @alextootchie for the find.