TweeGo Is A Great Looking N900 Twitter App
For a long time there has been a demand for a nice Twitter app for the N900, so far we have Witter and Mauku and web apps such as Hahlo.com and Dabr.co.uk, but there is none that comes close to elegance of something like Gravity for Symbian devices. Enter, TweeGo, formerly Twitter Box, which has all the promise of quickly becoming the best Twitter app for the N900.
As of now it is very alpha with regard to functionality and has not been uploaded to the extras-devel repository yet. There is no dedicated @ reply column, no direct message section and so on but the UI is beautiful. The transitions are slick and the app makes you want to use it. Hopefully it will have much more functionality soon.
If you want to try it, you will have to install it using the terminal (instructions below).
HOW TO INSTALL TWEEGO
- Download the latest version of TweeGo from this page. Download the .deb file.
- Save this under the MyDocs section of the N900.
- Rename this to something like “TweeGo″ so that its easier for your to enter the name in the terminal.
- Install an application called “rootsh” from the Application Manager.
- Next, launch the Terminal application on the N900 and enter “sudo gainroot” and hit enter.
- Now type “cd MyDocs” and hit enter.
- Then type “dpkg -i Tweego.deb” and hit enter.
If you enjoyed this post, then be sure to subscribe to our Full Feed RSS. You can also Subscribe via Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.Share: