Home » Applications, Headline

TweeGo Is A Great Looking N900 Twitter App

By - On 20 March 2010 36 Comments

For a long time there has been a demand for a nice Twitter app for the N900, so far we have Witter and Mauku and web apps such as Hahlo.com and Dabr.co.uk, but there is none that comes close to elegance of something like Gravity for Symbian devices. Enter, TweeGo, formerly Twitter Box, which has all the promise of quickly becoming the best Twitter app for the N900.

As of now it is very alpha with regard to functionality and has not been uploaded to the extras-devel repository yet. There is no dedicated @ reply column, no direct message section and so on but the UI is beautiful. The transitions are slick and the app makes you want to use it. Hopefully it will have much more functionality soon.

If you want to try it, you will have to install it using the terminal (instructions below).

TweeGo Is A Great Looking Twitter App For The N900

TweeGo Is A Great Looking Twitter App For The N900
TweeGo Is A Great Looking Twitter App For The N900

TweeGo Is A Great Looking Twitter App For The N900

HOW TO INSTALL TWEEGO

• Download the latest version of TweeGo from this page. Download the .deb file.
  • Save this under the MyDocs section of the N900.
  • Rename this to something like “TweeGo″ so that its easier for your to enter the name in the terminal.
  • Install an application called “rootsh” from the Application Manager.
  • Next, launch the Terminal application on the N900 and enter “sudo gainroot” and hit enter.
  • Now type “cd MyDocs” and hit enter.
  • Then type “dpkg -i Tweego.deb” and hit enter.

Enjoy.

• @C00L said:

Looks good. Will download when inc’s Replies and DMs. Love the fact it shows number of followers. Only app I’ve seen with that feature. – @c00l

• maemo1.1.1tip said:

just a tip if you have latest firmware PR 1.1.1 you can install deb files by clicking on them in file manager then app manager installs it.
    theres no need to use command line and dpkg from terminal anymore

• Vaibhav Sharma said:

I tried that but somehow it did not work for me. Hope others have better luck.

• Rofo said:

Doesn’t work in the file manager, have to be done with root at the commandline. But I don’t why!?
    Nice app anyway. Most promising twitter-app I’ve seen yet.

• Marcos Laredo said:

Congratulations to all the time Zagaia linked to INdT-Manaus!…

• jaywink said:

Neat looking app. But doesn’t work for me. After inputting my twitter details it just loads and loads and loads but nothing happens.

• Raj said:

Commendable effort !However at this stage of product development , it just looks better than that disgrace of a Twitter Client – Mauku !
    Uninstalled it after 5 minutes of use . I think I’ll hold off using it till they have a stable release that does more than what the current web based clients ( Dabr and hahlo) can do .

• TweeGo: Mais um aplicativo para utilizar o Twitter no Nokia N900 | rodrigostoledo.com said:

[...] maiores informações e download visite o link do Maemo Central! tweetmeme_url = "http://www.rodrigostoledo.com/?p=19748"; tweetmeme_source = "tweetmeme"; var [...]

• New Twitter app for the N900, along with a nice update to Witter | Tech Alps said:

[...] employee) that he was testing a new Twitter application called TweeGo. I followed the link to Maemo Central and followed the instructions to download and install the application to my N900. I also discovered [...]

• dddevilll said:

I try download but doesn’t work.

• Lamastyle said:

I’ve tried to install it, but the download doesn’t work for me. Can anyone help me?

• sule said:

No it doesn’t work… cant install it…..

• First Look: TweetGo.net – Twitter Web App For The N900 | Maemo Central - The MeeGo Blog said:

[...] has been a lot of talk about Twitter apps for the N900, some good and some not so good. Recently we have seen Tweego, which has a lot of promise, but till the time that it matures what other options do we have? On [...]

• chris said:

hi, can you help me???, tweego is now avaiable at the app manager but when i try to install it it says:missing apps packages: libqt4-maemo-5 phonom, where can i install it???

• cb00 said:

this looks better than witter

• SHANNON said:

Me too I have the same issues as Chris, it shows missing packages same for witter and now youtube apps no longer stream

• Malick said:

Still not working on my n900. showing “depndencing ” problem coud somebody help !

• TweeGo: Qt Graphics View & Animation Framework Twitter App For N900 | Mobtricks said:

[...] Combining great usability and excellent graphics, we managed to achieve an amazing user experience. TweeGo is a new Twitter application for N900. What makes it interesting that it’s not a mere dumb [...]

• Tina said:

This looks really promising. I miss Gravity so much and nothing comes anywhere near for N900. Hopefully this will make Twitter a much more pleasureable experience.

It looks wicked :-D Can’t wait.

• –Task Flo.ws– » The N900 & I: From Dawn to Dusk said:

[...] N900. I tried Witter, Mauku, PowerTwitter –all horendously-looking (take a look yourself!) TweeGo was perhaps the most “decent” of them all (even when in sub-alpha stages at the time of [...]

• vdee said:

try tweetgo.net much better

• Karla Eyre said:

I love to use Twitter whenever i want to know the latest buzz about my friends. I also use Twitter to know the latest buzz from famous persons |

• corwin78 said:

Nice looking app, but I am found issue that is not possible enter national characters in Tweet via TweeGo :-/

• wra571 said:

You will need Qt installed first before installing Tweego… Otherwise, you will get errors for deoendency… Correct me if I am wrong… Thanks

• wra571 said:

I had problems by stating the comment above when installing but found my way getting it installed… If you have problems of dependecy on libqt4-maemo-******, try ‘apt-get -f install’ from the directory you downloaded tweego. make sure u ‘sudo gainroot’ first…

• Sajiv said:

Try witter for n900, i am using it..

• Ren said:

nice looking and fast app :D thanks xD

• N900 Hack: How To Get Faster Scrolling In The Menu Post PR 1.2 Firmware | Maemo Nokia N900 said:

[...] TweeGo Is A Great Looking N900 Twitter App [...]

• johannes said:

tweego sucks. It won’t let me logon

• nochea said:

Me too.

I’ve downloaded the latest .deb available at garage.maemo.org.

But I can’t figure out how to login to my twitter account.

I’ve trid to reset my password or, even change it to only lower case, but it’s still not working.

• flavio said:

why can’t i login to tweego? it looks amazing, but if it’s not working it still sucks! please help!

• doc said:

Same here. I would love to try it but no login possible (verified username and password).

• mad said:

Very lousy app.

1) UI looks stunning but does not follow Maemo’s guidelines.
    2) UI looks stunning but only view I can see is the login one – app does not work beyond that.

Congrats guys! TweeGo is the first N900 app I’ll be uninstalling – and this is in less than 30min.

• MrAL said:

successfully installed but cannot log on to my twitter account… waste of time.

• sundisco said:

it worked before.. for some reason since all the maemo updates it dont work anymoew.. some1 fix the problem?!