There has been a lot of talk about Twitter apps for the N900, some good and some not so good. Recently we have seen Tweego, which has a lot of promise, but till the time that it matures what other options do we have? On device clients include – Mauku and Witter (which recently got a UI update), while web apps include my favourite Dabr.co.uk and Hahlo.com.
- The web app beautiful to look at.
- It packs functionality such as character counter, @ reply’s, DM’s, Search and the ability to favorite and retweet tweets.
- In its current iteration, you cannot follow or unfollow a person from within the app. Update: This functionality has now been added.
- There is no option to edit and then Retweet, something which Dabr allows. This is almost a deal breaker for me.
Here are a few screenshots to give you an idea of what to expect.
- The homescreen. Plain, simple and elegant.
- Tapping on a tweet brings up options to reply, star or retweet.
- Tapping on the star favorites the tweet.
- Tapping on reply opens up the above text box with a character counter.
- A look at the ‘mentions’ section.
- The ‘retweet’ functionality, similar to what Twitter.com offers. No chance of adding your two cents it.
All in all its a great way to use Twitter on the N900. While not being as fully featured as Dabr, it is a lot more finger friendly. If the developers can add editable retweets and the ability to twitpic, it might just become perfect. Check it out here.