I am not someone who likes changing themes often. I like themes that look elegant, polished and definitely not brash. Over the last seven or so months of owning the N900, I have tried almost every theme that is available and have come away with the following as my picks.
Most of these themes comes from the Maemo repositories so make sure you have them enabled. Then just type the name to search in the Application Manager and install. So without further adieu, here are my must have themes for the N900, in no particular order.
- Black Plastic – The lists in this theme are shaded differently, nice change.
- an-DROID – One of my favorites. Love the colours on this one.
- Bossa Teal – For times when you want custom icons. Seems to slow down the phone though and takes 6MB in rootfs.
- Carbon – Brilliant. Dark. Polished. Makes the N900 look good.
- D-Theme Red – I like red themes. They go well with the black on the N900. This is part of the D-Theme series, check them out for different colours.
- iStyle Black – Part of the iStyle series. Best of the lot.
- Matrix – Its here because it goes amazingly well with the Matrix live wallpaper. Plus I like the vibrant colours too.
- Red Alert – Another red theme, but sadly not part of the repositories so you will have to manually download and install if you liked it. Get the .deb here, locate it in the file manager and tap to install.
- R-Style Green – Part of the beautiful R-Style series that features similar design in new colours. Green is easily my favourite.
So there you have it, those were my picks. Think there is a theme that deserves to be in this list that I have missed out? Please let me know. What themes do you like?