Here’s How To Download Swype On The Nokia N8
The Nokia C7 has been blessed with Swype officially. The application is available for the download via the Ovi Store and since the C7 is also a Symbian^3 device, just like the N8, the same version also works on it. So how do you go about downloading it? Simple, fool the Ovi Store into thinking you have a C7. Just visit this Ovi Store link, manually change your device to the C7, hit the send to mobile button. Open the text message that you receive on the your mobile and download Swype. Easy.
Swype installed on the Nokia N8.
What are the disadvantages? There’s no portrait keyboard, so you can only Swype in landscape. So if you can’t wait for Swype on your shiny N8, here’s how to get it. Otherwise, wait for the official N8 version, it cannot be far.
[via: Daily Mobile]
If you enjoyed this post, then be sure to subscribe to our Full Feed RSS. You can also Subscribe via Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.Share:
- Swype Officially Comes To The N8
- Swype 2.0 For Symbian Released At The Nokia Beta Labs
- Video: Swype For MeeGo Tablets, Will Be Integrated At The Platform Level
- A Portrait Keyboard Comes To Witter – Why Can't Nokia Put In One That All Apps Can Use?
- Swype Comes To The N9 With The PR 1.1 Update, Hands On Video