Home » Handsets, Headline, Maemo, MeeGo, News, Nokia

Nokia N900 PR 1.3 Firmware Now Available

By - On 25 October 2010 142 Comments

Well in time for the MeeGo Conference next month, Nokia has just started the rollout of the all new PR 1.3 firmware (v20.2010.36-2) for the N900. The update is available over the air (OTA) in the UK with other countries expected to follow suit tomorrow. It should also be available via Nokia’s Software Updater in the coming days.

Nokia N900 PR 1.3 Firmware Now Available

Once the firmware images become available, you can also simply grab the vanilla version for PR 1.3 for your region and get flashing using this guide. If you are on a Mac, this is the guide to follow. The new firmware brings bug fixes, stability improvements and support for Nokia’s Ovi Suite. The Nokia Music Store will also be accessible from the device allowing for DRM free downloads.

This firmware is also supposed to aid developers (& power users?) in dual booting their devices into MeeGo and I suspect this would be the main draw come November and the MeeGo Conference.

If you are developer, you should be pleased to know that the new firmware:

‘It also aligns the Qt application and UI framework with the planned version for the MeeGo 1.1 platfrom (Qt 4.7).  Qt Mobility 1.0.2 APIs for mobile development are also included’. Essentially, even without MeeGo1.1 handsets, you can built now apps for it using the N900 running  PR1.3, and Qt4.7.

Fortunately, I’m headed to the MeeGo Conference and will be keeping a eye out on the latest. Make sure you follow @TheHandheldBlog on Twitter or grab our full feed RSS to keep on top of the latest.

• hans said:

there is no new firmware on http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php, only via NSU and OVA!

Odd, I’ve updated the post. Thanks for the heads up!

• icmonroe said:

I’m downloading it right now. Can’t wait to see what’s new.

• Marius Gedminas said:

• Matt said:

Where from?

• sygys said:

There is nothing new! in the matter affect, the anoying virtual keyboard bug messing up the text, is a high priority bug, but not fixed.

Also the mediaplayer widget still looses the play button sometimes.

sd card still not supported on ovi suite.

N900 still looses typed text in virtual keyboard mode when screen locks and unlocks.

Music player shows the time of music like this: 03.5 instead of 03.50

This is one of the most terrible updates ever made by nokia!

The overall preformance is a little better and the battery is also.

Nokia isn’t putting time in fixing stuff, the only thing they are doing right now is, building meego. They couldn’t care less about the maemo community.

• Darius said:

Can see now PR 1.3 FM images at http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php (phone purchased in Lithuania)

• Matt said:

Yes yes nice1 Darius

• Matt said:

Do i use the latest emmc or will there be a new one for pr 1.3 soon?

• Nokia N900 PR1.3 rolling out now - Phone-stuff said:

[...] just read over on The Handheld Blog that PR1.3 for the Nokia N900 is rolling out across different regions right now. This will bring [...]

• seb said:

I have a problem while connecting to talk.maemo.org.

Maemo.org works fine. Does someone has the same problems today?

• Matt said:

Yes i been tryin all day, think server is slow coz so many people are on it, prob reading the pr 1.3 threads.

• Bartek said:

“Marius Gedminas said:

I get offered an OTA upgrade of Maemo 5, but when I try to actually upgrade, the app manager tells me I must use Nokia Software Suite instead.”

I have exactly the same problem – what is the reason for that – can anybody help ???
    (is it perhaps related with amount of free memory if rootfs ??? – if yes what is the needed amount ???)

• louispires said:

I need some urgent help, so i downloaded the latest OVI suite and installed it. Then i went in to download my new software for my N900, now it is stuck at step 3. Install.
    It says installing and do not disconnect phone, so i leave it then a notification pops up “N900 disconnected” Then OVI says “no USB cable connection” then i wait 1 minute and it connects again and OVI says “USB connection is active” I click on next and it all happens over again!!
    HELP me plz

• Damnshock said:

For those of you who have problems regarding the need of using nokia ovi suite: you need to free as much memory of your device as you can. Uninstall apps (games will vastly help) and you’ll be able to proceed.

Regards,

Damnshock

Bartek, Marius – You need to free up some rootfs memory on your N900 to allow for OTA updates. The easiest way it to disable the extras-devel, extras-testing and meaemo.org repositories and uninstall a few heavy non optified apps.

More here – http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_up_rootfs_space

louispires, try updating with the Vanilla Nokia Software Updater on a Windows Xp machine. That usually fixes everything.

• hans said:

finally the VANILLA and the pr1.3 image ist online @ http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

just flashed it, works like a charm! freakin fast and smooth phone now! :D

• Matt said:

Is there a new vinilla emmc or do i use the latest one which isnt that new?

• sahil said:

it does not have meego in it whats the fun of update then

• Arun said:

I cant download songs from OVI :(

• Zenter said:

After upgrading to PR1.3, has anyone lost applications installed previously? As Seb and Matt said, I’ve been trying talk.maemo.org during the whole day. The only time I could go inside, I’ve read about this new upgrading “feature” …. can anyone confirm about the final status of the N900 after upgrading?

• Sanjay said:

Any feedback on dual boot capability that PR 1.3 was supposed to have ? Do we have Meego show up in the dual boot option if you see the dual boot screen.

• Stephen said:

Anyone have an idea on how much space needs to be freed up in the available for installation memory? I am at 1.06GB and still get the need to use Nokia Suite notice. Thanks

• sahil said:

we all lost our previously installed apps and cant reinstall them also
    i have upgraded to pr 1.3 there is no dualboot option and no meego

• Mansour said:

Get an iPhone its better than all the crappy updates from nokia.. or an Android device.. Let nokia Suffer Muuhahahaha

• Julegoa said:

OTA update went smoothly, old apps work well. I am in Finland.

To me it was odd that samegame qml demo app also worked. I sent Qt 4.7 QML test file to N900 and run it in qmlviewer. It didn’t work.

So do I need to update Qt to 4.7 version also?

• CarstenDutch said:

No new Vanilla is seen open your eyes! so you need the latest!

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin

• Jesper said:

I too was unable to upgrade as the Maemo5 package told me it required PC Suite on my PC. Thanks Vaibhav Sharma for informing us that it is really due to lack of space on the root filesystem. Why can’t Nokia just be up-front and tell the user that, instead of mysteriously requiring some software on ones PC?

Anyway, in the process of clearing up room on the rootfs I must have done something wrong, because now I’m stuck in a reboot loop. Yay for no error messages! :( And, heh, the forums that might contain useful information are down (due to overload?). I just can’t win :) Luckily I made a backup just before this mess started, so hopefully most things can be restored without too much trouble, after a reflash.

Mansour, you gotta remember that different people have different needs, and certain features appeal to certain people. I for example love being able to run most of my favorite Linux programs on my phone without too much mucking around with jailbreaking and such. That I can’t get from an iPhone. And likewise you have your good reasons for wanting an iPhone or Android phone.

• RayHolland said:

I received an OTA message today in the Netherlands ans installed the update.
    Dont’t see anything about dualboot, nor any other differende.
    Haven’t spent time to figure out the differences, but as far as i can see now, there are no remarkable differences. Have been searching for a change log but didn’t find it so far.

• Norenwil said:

Hello, just updated in the Netherlands. all works fine but no differences. All the annoying bugs still exist. Better of with an Android or Iphone. Nokia does not take the Maemo platform serious. Only busy with the new N8. Very, very disappointing.

• Berat said:

I updated through the ovi suite and it lost all installed apps i had, plus now i have trouble with wi-fi. I really dont see much difference from previous update.

• Gi0 said:

Any clue on how much free space is needed in rootfs for a smooth update via ovi?

• אסכולת הכורסא » שדרוג גדול ל-N900, שימו לב לבעיה אפשרית said:

[...] הודעות על שחרור PR 1.3 firmware (v20.2010.36-2) אפשר למצוא כאן, כאן וכאן, נראה שחנות המוסיקה של Ovi עכשיו נגישה, ושודרגנו ל-Qt וQt [...]

• EyeWerls said:

I”m also getting the message to update via PC Suite and USB cable. When I Check “details” and “problems” I get the following message:

Unable to update ‘Maemo 5′. Conflict with application packages: libqt4-test (4.6.2-git20100401-0maemo1+0m5)

Any ideas?

• minty95 said:

update installed,

For info DropN900 and SynEvolution no longer working with this update

• Robbie said:

i tried uninstalling the wifi hotspot app the other day and ever since then my n900 has been stuck doing an endless reboot. i didnt back up my stuff before trying to uninstall the app :( . is there any UDP with this device? will flashing 1.3 erase my contacts, pictures, etc stored on the phone? would reflashing 1.2 erase them? thanks guys!

• Nokia N900 PR1.3 rolling out now | Maemo Nokia N900 said:

• laustmcgregor said:

@Gi0: looks like 1.44GB is not sufficient for ota update.. Looks crazy to me.

• david tenser said:

To answer a couple of questions here, I did an upgrade and no installed apps were removed. Everything was still there after the upgrade, incl desktop wallpapers, settings, etc.

It said it needed 90mb for the update.

The bad thing about the update? Everything looks and behaves the same, not a single noteworthy fix! Talk about disappointing upgrade…

• hendrjks said:

finished downloading PR 1.3. i lost all the apps i installed…if you got backup you can restore apps list u had b4, you previous settings etc… unfortunately apps needs to be downloaded again…in my case my previous installed apps was almost 1GB…i wished i can sleep and leave while installing but there are some apps you have to tick or agree…it took me almost 4hours to do the entire thing.
    For now i dont see great improvement yet, other than its speedier, bugs in rotatedaemon(i never used) and vertsms has been fixed.
    So sad tht portrait mode isnt still available.
    good morning its 3am now n hv a sleep:D

• James said:

Marvellous, I need to install it via PC/Ovi Suite: something Nokia have been promising for on a Mac for only 3 years. Looks like I won’t get this update without effort.

• John said:

Just installed it OTA here in New York. Perfect update… no problems at all. I think the problems people are experiencing are because they updated their phone with dodgy software still installed. I only install software from the “approved” catalogs — not the test or dev ones.

If you plan to update, make sure you remove any “experimental” software beforehand.

• Jediento said:

If OTA is offered and then it says you have to use Nokia PC Suite, just uninstall apps and disable the extras-devel, extras-testing and meaemo.org repositories.

That worked for me, but remember to make a copy before you start to delete programs .

• miguel said:

i up datede from the fone and dont have the battery indicator level…its gone…anybodi appened the same..now when i chrge the fone we wont do the charge noise…help please

• Gi0 said:

@laustmcgregor thank you for the feedback.Still waiting for OTA update,since i m getting a”use pc suite to update”message.

• Paul-Baptiste said:

Installed the update OTA here in New Mexico, USA. No problems encountered. No lost apps. No lost data. Only difference I noticed so far is that capitalization after punctuation is no longer forced (which I found very annoying after the last update).

• MikaP said:

Some ppl have been experiencing problems with OTA update. I had too. There was a conflict in some libs. Once I unistalled the applications with conflicts(PYQt4,healthcheck), OTA update went fine.

• hendrjks said:

i just found out that tweak flash isnt working now…maybe PR 1.3 is not supported yet. Tweakflash supports flash10…i hope it will come out soon

• george said:

i ve received the notice message on the PR1.3 update yesterday… when i try 2 perform update… normally i always did the check on the details b4 the update… i see there is some message in the problem tab saying “unable to update. conflicting with libgles1-sgx-img.”

what is this and how to proceed with this?

• hendrjks said:

now i just came up an experiment how to enable Tweakflash that emulates flash player 10. you have to go to settings since PR 1.3 isnt in the list try to scroll to PR 1.2 then tick Manually typing 20 0 36 respectively tick change. and viola:D

• dpassapera said:

I have installed since this morning and i have been all day looking for something different in my n900 and y cant see it.
    Poor battery life like always.
    It is a waste of time and i cant call this an update.
    The only thing i like is that now i can use ovi suite to send and receive messages in my pc.
    This “update” looks like the consolation prize for the N900 owners before meego.

Im trying to keep my phone, but now i think that the N900 owners are alone in the dark. Im so dissapointed with nokia and this “update”

• madmaka said:

for those that cant install over the air and it says install using pc.

uninstall tux 3d and bliss n900 then trie again

• Dushan said:

@ hendrjks: Hey can you kindly explain again how did u install tweakflash plugin for the new firmware (1.3). Does it work for you?

• Mauro said:

Should I remove “Enhanced Linux kernel for power users” before upgrade?

• PauliL said:

laustmcgregor said:
    @Gi0: looks like 1.44GB is not sufficient for ota update.. Looks crazy to me.

How can you have 1.44GB free? The maximum size of rootfs is 227.9MB.

I have 79.9MB free on rootfs. I received the OTA update today and everything went smoothly. All the applications seem to be in place and no problems found so far.

• sahil said:

does anyone know when meego for n900 will be officially out this update is a waste of time and nothin else

• Oldskool said:

N900 owners? All of them? Don’t you mean that YOU are alone in the dark?

N900 has always been a mobile computer especially for advanced/power users. Please, get this fact through your head already.

It’s never too late to switch to iPhone or Android.

For me this update worked like a charm, and makes me love my N900 even more.

• Oldskool said:

Oopsie, wrong/misspelled tag… no preview option. Fail.

Dushan said:
    ———-

its working perfectly in mine

need to refresh your application manager.
    tweakflash whould be there install it.
    Run the program then just tweak the settings by
    1.ticking to PR 1.2
    2.tick specify verion manually
    3. enter 20 0 36

ive been using for the past 6 hours and glad to say:

System
    1. desktops runs so smoothly in between transitions. opening a program also a breeze like email which lags in the PR 1.2.

Calls
    1. gets external call instantly unlike the previous version that hangs for a moment.And i just noticed that you dont need to press end calls when the other end ends the call the program shuts automatically… But i strongly recommend that you have to reboot the system just after you got the update otherwise you get wierd background sound when getting an external calls.

Display
    1. I think the brightness has improved (before i used 3 bars and now 2 bars is enough) steps up a little.i just dont know how it affects the battery.

Third Party
    2. SOftwares such as RotateDaemon and Vertsms are working fine and no errors which i got annoyed in PR 1.2…i can tell that PR 1.3 fixes system bugs esp of 3rd party apps rather than giving some nice new shots… but i can say that PR 1.3 is making its way to multiple updates.(i hope)

• toothache said:

wont be doing the upgrade to PR1.3 and wont be using this piece of crap N900 again. Exchange support is crap for 2010, ISO settings for camera still not fixed for PR 1.2

the only benefit i got out of it was the RDP, which is limited i agree but useful enough for some things. The last time i did a software update all my contacts were deleted except my Skype contacts. Which meant i then had to import them new and merge them again.

• Dushan said:

@ hendrjks: Thanks for your fast reply, but when i try to open the tweakflash plugin it says “Flash plugin file size mismatch”.. Did u get the same error?

Dushan said:

Yap i got the same its ok.
    just try the pointers i did.

Dushan said:
    ______

i hope you get it right buddy

• cjc said:

Now Flash will not work & Tweakflashver is incompatible. Any chance of a new version? Seems a step backwards to me?

• hendrjks said:

another nice program is BAMBUSER (from OVI) you can broadcast live to your social media fb twitter etc in real time like YM…there is 3seconds lags tho.

cjc said:
    _____

i managed to tweak tweakflash just follow my post:D

• Dushan said:

@hendrjks: Thanks buddy..But it didnt work for me..Hard luck. :( seems like my system doesn’t tweak it..any suggestions??

Dushan said:
    @hendrjks: Thanks buddy..But it didnt work for me..Hard luck. seems like my system doesn’t tweak it..any suggestions??

______

really? are you sure youve done it right?
    what actually it says?
    it should show in the current version LNX 20,0,36,0

• Cheetan said:

Hello all

Where is the new PR1.3 OTA???? i cannot find it in updates or anywhere.. i do not want to manual flash device but reading the original article produced by Mr Sharma it says nokia is rolling out the new firmware OTA and i cannot see it!!
    I live in UK
    Please help

• Dushan said:

@hendrjks: Ya dude. It says like that but in that list its automatically turned into the anroid option when i open that software again. is it ok?

Dushan said:
    ___

are you connected in the net?

• Dushan said:

@hendrjks: ya im always connected to the web..

Dushan said:
    @hendrjks: ya im always connected to the web
    ___

ok then i dont know why…:(

dushan

yap never mind the android thing as long as it shows LNX 20…try to reboot.

• Ya está disponible la actualización PR1.3 para el Nokia N900 « El rincón de Tolgalen said:

[...] + info: http://thehandheldblog.com/2010/10/25/nokia-n900-pr-1-3-firmware-now-available/ [...]

• nAni said:

hi hendrjks, i tried what u have proposed. But i am not able to successfully see facebook videos, for eg.

Please detail out the steps, in case i have missed any thing.

• nAni said:

Yes, the tweak flash shows currently – LNX 20,0,36,0. Even after I rebooted the device, i still cant play facebook videos. Can you play facebook videos?

nAni said:

Please detail out the steps, in case i have missed any thing.

i beliv you have tweakflash installed already ryt?
    if not…
    need to refresh your application manager.
    tweakflash whould be there install it.
    Run the program then just tweak the settings by
    1.ticking to PR 1.2
    2.tick specify version manually
    3. enter 20 0 36
    4. tick change (be sure you are connected to internet)
    5. close the prog
    6. Open again and it should show LNX 20,0,36,0
    7. Try to reboot.

nAni said:
    ____

yap everything is working fine in mine

nAni said:
    _____

in your mb browser setting try to add shockwave flash 20.0 r36

YM: clerick1983 I’ll tell you step by step

• nAni said:

in my mb browser settings, already shockwave flash 20.0 r36 is added

• jumoke said:

i want to install the update but it says that the perl-base(=5.8.3-3osso11=0m5) application packages is missing help!

• nAni said:

but still i dont get the videos!!

nAni said:
    but still i dont get the videos!!

—–

I’ll check mine il get back to you if i c where i missed.

• nAni said:

ok, it is funny.. didnt do anything… just tried again in mb, it worksss… thanks very much… really dunno wat was issue earlier!!

• Matt said:

Cant get onto talk.maemo so im gonna have to put it here.

Please help me. When i plug my n900 with nitdroid all loaded up into the pc it cant install the android driver. So this means i cant see whats on the sd card nor put stuff onit. Direct link for correct driver please, windows 7 ultimate x64. Cheers.

nAni said:
    _____

yap me too it took sometime until it sends data to server

• Dushan said:

nAni or hendrjks: how can i add shockwave flash 20.0 r36 into ma browser??

Dushan said:
    nAni or hendrjks: how can i add shockwave flash 20.0 r36 into ma browser??
    _____

you have to check your micro browser settings if its there

• Marco said:

I installed the PR1.3 using Faster Application Manager and the installation went smootly. I had 65MB free on my RootFS before installing the update and now I have 62.7 MB left free. The N900 seems to be more responsive after the update and the email works better. One improvent I was looking for and I asked Nokia for was the “click to dial” feature in the browser and it is there! now you can run a google search, click on the phone number in the results page and the phone will start. Then you decide if making the call or save the number in the contacts. Thank you Nokia for listening even if it took 4 months :)

• Dushan said:

@hendrjk: hey ya i know but in that plugin it says flash 9.0.r277..:( so which means that software doesn’t change my flash version..is it a problem with my new firmware?? any suggestion?

• hendrjks said:

@dushan yap exactly. thats why you have to give value or change the version value which will be changed to LNX 20 0 36 0. then try your fb account if videos in there are playing.

• Dushan said:

@hendrjks: i know this is a headache for both of us. bt i would appreciate ur help. thing is i used tweakflah plaugin and changed the value as u guided and did reboot the phone. bt once i got into the browser i cant see it has changed?

• Aaron said:

In Ireland. Just Updated over WLAN. Everthing appears to be fine, Appears to have lost nothing.

• Robert said:

dpassapera, are you getting to send and receive messages in your pc? How? Are you getting tosyncronize the messages?

• hendrjks said:

@dushan did you try playing vids from facebook? nani managed to tweak it i bet. what change you expect from the browser anyway?

• Dushan said:

@hendrjks: i didnt change anything..i just changed the vale using tweak plugin.do u knw a way to manually edit the shockwave plugin in the browser..

• peter said:

hi folks,

just updated my n900 with the new firmware, gotta be honest, it took me a while coz with the suite it gave me an error coz of the ‘not’ commercial software installed, lol, as if i ever would pay for office so openoffice is my favorit for the pc and my cell.
    i read some reviews here, positive and negative but for me the only thing that matters was the synchronization of my messages in the suite and it works this time so for me this is a great moment, was lookin forward to it for almost a year now.
    the general performance is also a lil faster but i dont care bout that, just installed maemo5 on the cell and 20 min later it was done

greetz, a divoted n900 user

• dpassapera said:

Robert hi…thats correct now is possible to send, receive and syncronize messages from pc.
    you must use the last version of Nokia ovi suite.

• dpassapera said:

To be clear, i love my N900 and i agree is a wonderful phone, more than a simple phone is a pc for power user as most owners know.

But i have to say the biggest problem N900 have is the very poor battery life…also i still thinking that nokia have us alone in the dark since meego apears in scene.

so i still dissapointed no with my phone but with Nokia and this wrong call “update”

• Dave said:

New upgrade.
    Is it just me?

Incomming calls no longer ing – just vibrate (if its on ) And no, its not in “silent” mode

• Dave said:

sorry, that should have said “ring” not “ing”

Love that Nokia ring tone !!

• dpassapera said:

Thats right Dave…no ring after update. Just set up the ring tone again and thats it, same happens to me but is very simple to fix it.
    Be sure that you still have the ring tone file in your phone…
    :-)

• Dave said:

thanks,

Nokia ring is still silent so switched to “Telegraph”

who tested this release ? – rhetorical :-)

• Robert said:

dpassapera, I could not synchronize. I’m using Nokia Ovi Suite 2.2.1.23 (windows 7) and cell phone version 20.2010.36.2.
    Do you have any ideia why I can get synchronize?
    Do you make anything additional?
    Does anyone have the same problem?
    Tks.

• Robbie said:

OTA upgrade via 3G in Ireland. 85MBs or something. Made a backup first, proceeded smoothly, no apps lost. Conversations seems to be improved, msn now displaying less network errors and it logs me out of my laptop when using the n900. So far so good, battery life still a bit atrocious when using 3G all the time though.

• george said:

i have finally found the curpit for disallowing me to update via OTA 2 days ago… lucky with the guide from this blog… i manage to overcome it by manually identify the application that used the libgled1-sgx-img which is Teeworlds… Once i done the uninstallation in appl manager… then i backup a copy of my latest phone setting and start the downloading of the PR1.3… it took me half an hour or so to complete the update… after that, click update all for the rest of QT libs. Then I reboot my N900.

Everything run ok and i hv double check all appl i had installed early… only notice the tweakflash plugin is not working… so i uninstall it…

one thing i also notice, the fmms is giving me trouble as whenever my telco send me a free MMS, my N900 will auto connect with MMS and start to download updates/refresh and in KBs. as i m not subscribe to any 3G plan…i m only go connect via WIFI at office and at home. so the bills is shoot up and cost me another 50 bulks just for the sake of downloaded 5MBs of data… immediately i remove the fmms appl.

:) hehehe

• dpassapera said:

Robert.

Im using the same version of Nokia ovi suite, and windows 7 too.
    The version in my phone is 20.2010.36-2.002

Dont forget to choose pc suite option in your phone when you plug the cable.

i do not make nothing else or special to synchronize it, but sometimes i have to open ovi suite before plug in the cable or close and open again ovi suite….

• dpassapera said:

Dave.
    What i did was to change the ring tone and make the phone ring and after that to change again for the tone i use…maybe that works for you too

• Dushan said:

Does any body know how to delete all browser related data in this phone? (Not only settings)

• Robert said:

dpassapera, tks for your help!
    I’m choosing pc suite option in my phone when plug the cable.
    The only diference is my phone version (via *#0000#) is 20.2010.36-2 and yours is 20.2010.36-2.002! My version doesn’t have “.200″!
    Maybe, this is the crucial diference!

• rob said:

updated through nokia pc suite this morning.
    yes, i made a backup prior to updating.
    good thing i did.
    update went smooth. but, yes it did wipe out alot of my programs.
    reset my themes. my wallpapers. and also removed shourtcuts i had on desktop including contacts shortcuts.
    my mail for exchange also lost messages.

so i did a restore from my memory card and it restored shortcuts of contacts.
    mail for exchange repopulated with messages,

but, i must also say. all my contacts and phone numbers and history were all intact. good, not lost.
    so now im restoring and it is in the process of downloading all my missing applications automatically through application manager.

so, my closing thoughts? not a well thought out update process.
    i am not impressed by nokia on this one.

if my phine app hangs up well like cell phone phone apps are supposed to, and if the phone app behaves smoothly when i have an incoming call. ill be happy and say that the upgrade was a positive.

• pet0r said:

So, messages sync with Ovi Suite only works mit USA release, but not with GLOBAL release? :<
    Can anyone confirm?

• mahmud said:

what a suck upgrade..nothing new….wresting time for upgrade…..no video call..no meego…no facebook video,no mms….no battery life…no navigation….this call a modern smart phone…..donot play fool looo nokia,,,,,take care about the product should nokia look first…..sad sad sad sad……..because buy it…

• Robert said:

Guys, I got synchronize the messages, but I first had to:
    1. uninstall all the aplications related to Nokia, I mean, Nokia PC Suite, Nokia Software Update, via they own uninstall programs;
    2. uninstall Nokia Ovi Suite, PC Connectivity solution and Nokia Connectivity cable drivers from Add/remove program;
    3. delete all remain folders related to Nokia. I made a search with “nokia” and delete the folders;
    4. restarted the pc; and
    5. install the last version of Nokia Ovi Suite.
    It’s working perfect!
    Good lucky!!!

• Ben said:

don’t feel any significant changes except now it supports Ovi Suite.

• rob said:

ok .. so its hours later, and im coming across apps that i still need to download and install… my backup/restore didnt fetch them all obviously

• Ss said:

Still havnt got any update through ota or nokia updater, from uk, anybody know why???

• Bror said:

• Dushan said:

@hendrjks: hey buddy i need a small favor from u..

• mrfish said:

wish i hadnt updated now, PR1.3 is pointless and disruptive, roll on meego, nokia are teetering on the edge of losing a lot of support and pissing a lot of people off by ignoring the issues and pushing things forward with their little chums, if they dont get the basics sorted soon, therell be less and less wholl look twice at successive N series webtablets, i known im about sick.

mrfish

Dushan said:
    @hendrjks: hey buddy i need a small favor from u..
    ______
    tel me…
    anyway Tweakflast update for PR 1.3 just came out but unfortunately i got prob with one site i always listens before PR 1.3 :( hope i can tweak it

• Kevin said:

Managed to flash the update successfully (didn’t want for wait for Vodafone to finish their botch job of the firmware) – as mentioned, no blinding obvious updates but everything runs a hell of a lot smoother. I look forward to seeing if battery life has improved…

• Tadas said:

there is UK updae o no???

• hendrjks said:

its holiday in here and i have too much time looking for a GREAT idea added to PR1.3. i was so disappointed and really pissed off because i cant play most of the streams i usually visit. even tweakflast PR1.3 has arrived. before i was so amazed about how Maemo has bundled such multimedia and browsing that emulates a true PC now its struggling with the PR1.3. I just cant imagine how nerveless maemo putting such a crappy update. just another reason yet again to shift to Iphone or Android. Goodbye Nokia n thanks for the better days!

• Jason said:

Is anyone here experiencing unable to connect VIA 3g?
    its giving me an error
    “Internet Connection Failed”
    “Retry?”

any help?

• Kevin said:

Hi Jason,

Try shuffling your SIM card and try again. Still baffled by the number of people saying they have problems – PR 1.3 is running much faster and much smoother than 1.2 and battery life has improved noticeably too.

Tadas, at the time I did the update there was no UK version. I just used the global one.

• Villy said:

I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM.. I INSTALLED MIDNIGHT COMMANDER TO BE ABLE TO INSTALL GAMES SUCH AS NFSUC AND OTHERS IPK FILES..BUT SUDDENLY AFTER ONE OR TWO ACTIONS WITH THIS MIDNIGHT COMMANDER SUCH AS -COPY FROM LEFT TO RIGHT..AND MY INSTALL MEMORY WENT FULL..AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO DELETE FILES WITH THIS MIDNIGHT COMMANDER.. SOMEONE WILL TELL ME TO DELETE BIG FILES FROM APP MANAGER,BUT I AM NOT HAVING MUCH THERE.. I THINK THE PROBLLEM IS THIS STUPID PROGRAM MIDNIGHT COMMANDER ,BECAUSE THERE IS NO OPTION TO DELETE,THERE IS COPY,EDIT AND MOVE..THIS RIGHT SECTION THERE IS THE PROBLEM ..WHATEVER I PUT THERE IT FILLS MY INSTALLABLE MEMORY ,BUT I CANT DELETE IT FROM THERE.. I TRIED TO MOVE IT BACK TO THE LEFT,BUT ITS NOT POSSIBLE..PLEASE I KNOW ITS A LONG LETTER,BUT WHAT CAN I DO TO DELETE FROM THIS INSTALLABLE MEMORY

• GyratoryTech said:

thanks
    it very interesting

• Kal said:

Pr1.3 update very smooth here.

1 .Back up fully via the N900′s own back up application – approx 5/10 minutes

2. Install PR1.3 via Ovi Suite – approx 20 minutes

3. Restore from the N900′s own back up application – approx 45/60 minutes.

Note – At one point during it will just leave the application manager on the screen for 10/15 mins as if its not doing anything. This looks like its finished but it hasn’t so sit through until the application restore tick boxes all appear then follow the instuctions on the screen.

It was as simple as that here apart from wondering when the application manager appeared to have finished and not do anything for 10/15 mins.

Best of luck

• Villy said:

i have problem,i am trying to install Midnight Commander,but its saying “unable to install Midnight Comannder. Some application packages required for the installation are missing”
    Then i check in details and there is written: missing file-libncursesw5
    But how to get this file? Where to find it? There is now such file on applications menager in downloads …how to get it? Please help

• Villy said:

i have also other problems.. when trying to get preenv in the X-terminal,
    after my comands: apt-get install preenv

it start telling me this: “some packages could not be installed.This mean that you haverequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not been created or been moved out Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: preenv: depends: libgles1-sgx-img but is not installable
    E:Broken packages”

so please tell me what to do..my phone was stollen and i bought a new one the same,so may be it needs some more installs,but dont know what

• Live From The MeeGo Conference | Maemo Nokia N900 said:

[...] Nokia N900 PR 1.3 Firmware Now Available [...]

• George said:

I’ve downloaded the patch today. All good. With the exception of the email. For some reason the app only downloads the oldest 255 emails on my POP server and won’t retrieve the rest? Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this. I had over 1200 on the device before updating. I can send emails no probs, but any new emails won’t come through, as I still have 6 months worth on the server still to download. Frustrating.

• MeeGo 1.1 For Nokia N900  | Linux爱好者 said:

[...] 结合先前发布的支持双启动的 N900 1.3 版本固件,折腾帝们可以将今天释出的 MeeGo 1.1 镜像和原先的 Maemo 5 同时安装在 N900 上! [...]

• David said:

I have 18.95 GB free on my N900, 473.3 MB available for installable applications, and I still can’t update OTA (in USA, TMobile). Any ideas why? I have a Mac and thus can’t install the OVI suite.

• dan man said:

This update make the UI hang all the time on my N900. Few or no new features and sluggish UI. Thanks a lot guys…… outlook on this went down .

• How to organize business said:

How to organize business…

[...]Nokia N900 PR 1.3 Firmware Now Available | The Handheld Blog[...]…

• Cheap gift ideas said: