Nokia N900 PR 1.3 Firmware Now Available

Well in time for the MeeGo Conference next month, Nokia has just started the rollout of the all new PR 1.3 firmware (v20.2010.36-2) for the N900. The update is available over the air (OTA) in the UK with other countries expected to follow suit tomorrow. It should also be available via Nokia’s Software Updater in the coming days.

Nokia N900 PR 1.3 Firmware Now Available

Once the firmware images become available, you can also simply grab the vanilla version for PR 1.3 for your region and get flashing using this guide. If you are on a Mac, this is the guide to follow. The new firmware brings bug fixes, stability improvements and support for Nokia’s Ovi Suite. The Nokia Music Store will also be accessible from the device allowing for DRM free downloads.

This firmware is also supposed to aid developers (& power users?) in dual booting their devices into MeeGo and I suspect this would be the main draw come November and the MeeGo Conference.

If you are developer, you should be pleased to know that the new firmware:

‘It also aligns the Qt application and UI framework with the planned version for the MeeGo 1.1 platfrom (Qt 4.7).  Qt Mobility 1.0.2 APIs for mobile development are also included’. Essentially, even without MeeGo1.1 handsets, you can built now apps for it using the N900 running  PR1.3, and Qt4.7.

Fortunately, I’m headed to the MeeGo Conference and will be keeping a eye out on the latest. Make sure you follow @TheHandheldBlog on Twitter or grab our full feed RSS to keep on top of the latest.

142 thoughts on “Nokia N900 PR 1.3 Firmware Now Available”

1. @ hendrjks: Hey can you kindly explain again how did u install tweakflash plugin for the new firmware (1.3). Does it work for you?

2. laustmcgregor said:
    @Gi0: looks like 1.44GB is not sufficient for ota update.. Looks crazy to me.

How can you have 1.44GB free? The maximum size of rootfs is 227.9MB.

I have 79.9MB free on rootfs. I received the OTA update today and everything went smoothly. All the applications seem to be in place and no problems found so far.

3. does anyone know when meego for n900 will be officially out this update is a waste of time and nothin else

4. N900 owners? All of them? Don’t you mean that YOU are alone in the dark?

N900 has always been a mobile computer especially for advanced/power users. Please, get this fact through your head already.

It’s never too late to switch to iPhone or Android.

For me this update worked like a charm, and makes me love my N900 even more.

5. Dushan said:
    ———-

its working perfectly in mine

need to refresh your application manager.
    tweakflash whould be there install it.
    Run the program then just tweak the settings by
    1.ticking to PR 1.2
    2.tick specify verion manually
    3. enter 20 0 36

6. ive been using for the past 6 hours and glad to say:

System
    1. desktops runs so smoothly in between transitions. opening a program also a breeze like email which lags in the PR 1.2.

Calls
    1. gets external call instantly unlike the previous version that hangs for a moment.And i just noticed that you dont need to press end calls when the other end ends the call the program shuts automatically… But i strongly recommend that you have to reboot the system just after you got the update otherwise you get wierd background sound when getting an external calls.

Display
    1. I think the brightness has improved (before i used 3 bars and now 2 bars is enough) steps up a little.i just dont know how it affects the battery.

Third Party
    2. SOftwares such as RotateDaemon and Vertsms are working fine and no errors which i got annoyed in PR 1.2…i can tell that PR 1.3 fixes system bugs esp of 3rd party apps rather than giving some nice new shots… but i can say that PR 1.3 is making its way to multiple updates.(i hope)

7. wont be doing the upgrade to PR1.3 and wont be using this piece of crap N900 again. Exchange support is crap for 2010, ISO settings for camera still not fixed for PR 1.2

the only benefit i got out of it was the RDP, which is limited i agree but useful enough for some things. The last time i did a software update all my contacts were deleted except my Skype contacts. Which meant i then had to import them new and merge them again.

8. @ hendrjks: Thanks for your fast reply, but when i try to open the tweakflash plugin it says “Flash plugin file size mismatch”.. Did u get the same error?

9. Dushan said:

Yap i got the same its ok.
    just try the pointers i did.

10. Dushan said:
    ______

i hope you get it right buddy

11. Now Flash will not work & Tweakflashver is incompatible. Any chance of a new version? Seems a step backwards to me?

12. another nice program is BAMBUSER (from OVI) you can broadcast live to your social media fb twitter etc in real time like YM…there is 3seconds lags tho.

13. cjc said:
    _____

i managed to tweak tweakflash just follow my post:D

14. @hendrjks: Thanks buddy..But it didnt work for me..Hard luck. 🙁 seems like my system doesn’t tweak it..any suggestions??

15. Dushan said:
    @hendrjks: Thanks buddy..But it didnt work for me..Hard luck. seems like my system doesn’t tweak it..any suggestions??

______

really? are you sure youve done it right?
    what actually it says?
    it should show in the current version LNX 20,0,36,0

16. Hello all

Where is the new PR1.3 OTA???? i cannot find it in updates or anywhere.. i do not want to manual flash device but reading the original article produced by Mr Sharma it says nokia is rolling out the new firmware OTA and i cannot see it!!
    I live in UK
    Please help

17. @hendrjks: Ya dude. It says like that but in that list its automatically turned into the anroid option when i open that software again. is it ok?

18. Dushan said:
    ___

are you connected in the net?

19. hi hendrjks, i tried what u have proposed. But i am not able to successfully see facebook videos, for eg.

Please detail out the steps, in case i have missed any thing.

20. Yes, the tweak flash shows currently – LNX 20,0,36,0. Even after I rebooted the device, i still cant play facebook videos. Can you play facebook videos?

21. nAni said:

Please detail out the steps, in case i have missed any thing.

i beliv you have tweakflash installed already ryt?
    if not…
    need to refresh your application manager.
    tweakflash whould be there install it.
    Run the program then just tweak the settings by
    1.ticking to PR 1.2
    2.tick specify version manually
    3. enter 20 0 36
    4. tick change (be sure you are connected to internet)
    5. close the prog
    6. Open again and it should show LNX 20,0,36,0
    7. Try to reboot.

22. nAni said:
    ____

yap everything is working fine in mine

23. nAni said:
    _____

in your mb browser setting try to add shockwave flash 20.0 r36

24. i want to install the update but it says that the perl-base(=5.8.3-3osso11=0m5) application packages is missing help!

25. nAni said:
    but still i dont get the videos!!

—–

I’ll check mine il get back to you if i c where i missed.

26. ok, it is funny.. didnt do anything… just tried again in mb, it worksss… thanks very much… really dunno wat was issue earlier!!

27. Cant get onto talk.maemo so im gonna have to put it here.

Please help me. When i plug my n900 with nitdroid all loaded up into the pc it cant install the android driver. So this means i cant see whats on the sd card nor put stuff onit. Direct link for correct driver please, windows 7 ultimate x64. Cheers.

28. nAni said:
    _____

yap me too it took sometime until it sends data to server

29. Dushan said:
    nAni or hendrjks: how can i add shockwave flash 20.0 r36 into ma browser??
    _____

you have to check your micro browser settings if its there

30. I installed the PR1.3 using Faster Application Manager and the installation went smootly. I had 65MB free on my RootFS before installing the update and now I have 62.7 MB left free. The N900 seems to be more responsive after the update and the email works better. One improvent I was looking for and I asked Nokia for was the “click to dial” feature in the browser and it is there! now you can run a google search, click on the phone number in the results page and the phone will start. Then you decide if making the call or save the number in the contacts. Thank you Nokia for listening even if it took 4 months 🙂

31. @hendrjk: hey ya i know but in that plugin it says flash 9.0.r277..:( so which means that software doesn’t change my flash version..is it a problem with my new firmware?? any suggestion?

32. @dushan yap exactly. thats why you have to give value or change the version value which will be changed to LNX 20 0 36 0. then try your fb account if videos in there are playing.

33. @hendrjks: i know this is a headache for both of us. bt i would appreciate ur help. thing is i used tweakflah plaugin and changed the value as u guided and did reboot the phone. bt once i got into the browser i cant see it has changed?

34. dpassapera, are you getting to send and receive messages in your pc? How? Are you getting tosyncronize the messages?

35. @dushan did you try playing vids from facebook? nani managed to tweak it i bet. what change you expect from the browser anyway?

36. @hendrjks: i didnt change anything..i just changed the vale using tweak plugin.do u knw a way to manually edit the shockwave plugin in the browser..

37. hi folks,

just updated my n900 with the new firmware, gotta be honest, it took me a while coz with the suite it gave me an error coz of the ‘not’ commercial software installed, lol, as if i ever would pay for office so openoffice is my favorit for the pc and my cell.
    i read some reviews here, positive and negative but for me the only thing that matters was the synchronization of my messages in the suite and it works this time so for me this is a great moment, was lookin forward to it for almost a year now.
    the general performance is also a lil faster but i dont care bout that, just installed maemo5 on the cell and 20 min later it was done

greetz, a divoted n900 user

38. Robert hi…thats correct now is possible to send, receive and syncronize messages from pc.
    you must use the last version of Nokia ovi suite.

39. To be clear, i love my N900 and i agree is a wonderful phone, more than a simple phone is a pc for power user as most owners know.

But i have to say the biggest problem N900 have is the very poor battery life…also i still thinking that nokia have us alone in the dark since meego apears in scene.

so i still dissapointed no with my phone but with Nokia and this wrong call “update”

40. New upgrade.
    Is it just me?

Incomming calls no longer ing – just vibrate (if its on ) And no, its not in “silent” mode

Comments are closed.