WhatsApp Coming To Windows Phone Mango
The one key app that was missing from the Windows Phone repertoire was the ever popular cross platform messaging client WhatsApp. WhatsApp is already available on BlackBerry, iPhone, Symbian and Android based devices and packs in the ability to share photos, location, video and audio.
Earlier today, the official @WhatsApp twitter account sent out the above cryptic tweet that all but confirms that the application will soon be making its way onto Windows Phone Mango.
The Mango release of Windows Phone unlocks the necessary developer APIs required for WhatApp to work and judging by the tweet, the official launch cannot be very far. Nokia for one has been investing a huge amount of money promoting WhatApp and it would have been odd if its newer (Windows) phones didn’t support that application.
If you enjoyed this post, then be sure to subscribe to our Full Feed RSS. You can also Subscribe via Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.Share:
- WhatsApp Coming To The N9 With Wazapp
- Wazapp Is WhatsApp For The Nokia N9, Now Available For Download
- ChevronWP7 Unlocking Is History: No More Side Loading Apps On Windows Phone
- WhatsApp For Symbian Updated – Now Supports Multimedia & Location Sharing
- Tizen 2.0 Magnolia SDK and Source Code Released, Conference To Follow