HDFC Bank Releases An App For The iPhone: Windows Phone & Android Versions In The Works
One of India’s leading banks, HDFC has launched an iPhone/iPod app to facilitate banking on the go, and the good news is that versions for Android and Windows Phone are in the works too. The application is fully featured and lets you perform all those tasks for which you would normally have to login to netbanking on the computer.
HDFC Bank also has a mobile optimized website that can be accessed at m.hdfcbank.com which will let you accomplish a lot of these tasks until an app for your favourite platform comes along.
The iPhone version isn’t optimised for the retina display of the iPhone 4/4S, but at least it lets you get work done. You can login with the customer ID and netbanking password. The applications lets you:
- Pay utility bills, credit card bills, etc.
- View Account summaries and Fixed Deposit summaries
- Transfer funds ,including transfers to other bank customers
- Request statements, cheque book, stop payment and more.
The iPhone does not enjoy a commanding position in India when it comes to marketshare, but due to sheer mindshare it still gets the apps first. But what is good to see is that Windows Phone despite not being every popular just yet, is also on the radar and Nokia’s push does seem to be having an effect.
If you enjoyed this post, then be sure to subscribe to our Full Feed RSS. You can also Subscribe via Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.Share:
- Dear Nokia, We Need A Localised Version Of The Idea Project: Here’s How It Should Work
- Does Windows Phone Really Have An App Problem Anymore?
- Jet Airways App For Windows Phone Hits The Store
- PVR Cinemas Releases Apps For Android & iOS
- Get Yourself A Nokia At 0% Interest Spread Over 3 Monthy Installments