If you watch a lot of TV shows, chances are that you have a had time trying to figure out which ones you’ve caught up with and which ones you’ve missed. However, if you’re using Windows Phone, the TV Show app can put you out of your misery. The app features a fast and fluid interface that makes keeping up with TV literally a breeze. The app is optimised for Windows Phone 8, features live tiles that tell you about upcoming shows and the number of episodes you’re yet to watch, and there’s also support for lockscreen notifications.
You can add your favourite shows by searching for it, or select them from a list of ‘trending shows’. Once added, it shows up in the app along with the number of episodes that you’re let to see. Tapping on the name of the show open up the list of episodes where you can select the ones you’ve already seen.
Another section shows a handy list of upcoming episodes, and another swipe will get you to the news screen.
There’s even a calendar view that shows the days on which your favourite shows air. Setting the app up can take a bit of time – adding shows, selecting which episodes you’ve already seen and so on, so its good to see a backup option. This means that even if you format your device or switch phones, you won’t have to go through the processing of setting up the app afresh. One feature I’d like to see added is the ability to mark an entire season as seen, would really help cut down the time spent in setting the app up.
Finally, there’s also a pro/full version of the app that costs Rs. 55 ($0.99). The paid version removes ads, brings live tiles, lockscreen support and even reminds you when you favourite show is about to air. Although alarms might only be useful if you don’t get your TV fix via the internet.
Full list of Features includes:
- Get a quick overview of the all the upcoming episodes for all of your favorite shows
- Get synopsis, screen captures, rates, subtitles and recaps for each episodes
- In app youtube player
- Mark seen and unseen episodes
- Be notified right before a new episode of your favorite TV Shows aired even if the app is not launched.
- Share comments with friends on facebook/twitter and with other users
- Offline mode
- Rate episodes
- Use your phone as a remote screen for subtitles
- Read news from allociné, maxiseries, tv.com, tvguide, tvspoiler et buddy tv
- Translation feature for recaps and summaries
- For U.S. residents only: adjust air date/times of U.S. tv shows to your local time zone
- 3 choices of live tiles
- Support trakt.tv for comments and episode rates
TV Show is easily the best looking and most functional TV management app for Windows Phone. Once you factor in the fact that it has an excellent free version that more than covers the basics, installing the app becomes a no brainer. But if you’re really serious about TV get the full version, its worth it.