Microsoft’s Blink Lens Brings Burst Mode To Windows Phone, Lets You Pick The Best Shot
Microsoft’s just released a brand new lens called ‘Blink‘ that lets you take a burst of images before you even press the shutter, and continues to capture pictures after you’ve taken your shot. The result is that you have a selection of photos capturing the moment and you can then select the best one.
There’s no option to save all the shots you’ve taken, and you’re restricted to choosing a single image. However, you can come back to the app later and change your selection. Thus if you like more than one shot from the group, you can save the first, copy that image, and then come back to Blink and save another.
Blink also employs ‘advanced image stabilization’ technology from Microsoft Research that removes camera shake. Don’t expect PureView magic ala the Lumia 920, but its good to see some sort of digital stabilisation built in.
Blink is a free download.
If you enjoyed this post, then be sure to subscribe to our Full Feed RSS. You can also Subscribe via Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.Share:
- Freeware: JBAK DEdit – A Great Text Editor
- Samsung Unviels Omnia HD i8190
- Microsoft Office Suite Now Available For Symbian – Word, Powerpoint & Excel
- Own A Nokia E52, E72 & E5? Get Joikuspot For Free From The Ovi Store
- Nokia Fans Breathe Easy – Multitasking & Other Improvements Coming To Windows Phone