The pre-loaded email client on S60 3.2 devices has the ability to display your emails in HTML, however it requires you to manually select the HTML view each time you open a new email. Fortunately, that’s now history as new Nokia Email 3.05 beta brings default HTML view and a bunch of other improvements to your Nokia E72, Nokia E73, Nokia E52, Nokia E5-00, or Nokia C5.
The update also brings support for data encryption, a new logging system, updated autolock security and fixes for your sync problems. The beta labs website has a handy list of changes:
- Open emails in HTML view directly
- The policy of Data Encryption on device is supported now. This increases security by encrypting all data on the phone memory including Email, contacts & calendar data.
- New Logging system to speed up problem solving in Email area
- Autolock security policy supported now with complex password rules
- Email signature is lengthened (from 256 characters to 2000) for all kinds of mailboxes.
- Embedded image is supported now in email editor
- Solved some key synchronization issues.
- Fixes for tens of critical errors.
While its good to see Nokia still providing updates for some of these slightly older devices, I dare say the update could have come much sooner.