Update: User Changelog here.
Finally! The latest and perhaps most awaited firmware for the N95 is here, as a result of which it has hit v20.0.015. The firmware as usual brings us some bug fixes and improvements, but this time the improvement is huge! It includes demand paging, 30MB plus free RAM after booting, speedier operation, N-Gage support, faster camera software, integrated Search, modified Welcome apps and then some more and yes, the keypress bug is gone. Below is somewhat of a changelog.
Continue reading New Firmware For The N95 Classic – v20.0.015
Update: The New Firmware is out.
The new Nokia N95 firmware v21 is generationg a lot of hype. The new firmware is suppossed to bring:
– Demand Paging
– Close to 30 MB free RAM on bootup
– Ngage Platform Support
– Integrated Search (On the Standby Screen)
– You Tube Playback directly from the browser! (More Info Here)
– New N95 8GB like Icons
– Grid view in the Camera options
– Music Store and Podcasts in a new Music Folder
– Camera Activation with the Capture button (Useful for the front cam)
– A new lease of life for the N95!
I personally can’t wait! For screenshots and more look here and here.
Trackback URL is here.
It has been a while since the N95 has seen a firmware upgrade and I’m anxious to see what will be in store. But here are some issues which IMO Nokia must address and some which will be a bonus if done.
Continue reading Future N95 Firmware Requirements