Consider the Nokia E72 virtually confirmed. At the Nokia Connections event in Singapore, Nokia has officially announced the Nokia E72, which is basically the E71 with a 5 Megapixel Camera, Feature Pack 2, a 3.5mm headphone jack and a redesigned keyboard.
The E72’s Key Improvements Over The E71:
- The addition for Feature Pack 2.
- New Messaging suite, like the one of the E75. Nokia Messaging and Mail For Exchange now integrated. Support for Lotus Notes.
- Ovi Chat, Nokia’s instant messaging software, is pre-installed. Sccessible via the Contacts application, it includes basic location features and support for Ovi accounts, Google Chat and Yahoo Messenger.
- Redesigned keyboard. Smaller space bar with the bottom row now consisting of – function, shift, symbol, @, space bar, ?, !, ‘, Ctrl instead of the function, shift, @ space bar, ‘, ? and Chr on the E71.
- A 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Inclusion of a magnetometer (compass), along with a lifetime explore license (pedestrian) and a 10 day driving license.
- Faster up and down connection speeds with support for 10.2 Mbps HSDPA and HSUPA.
- Noise cancellation for better call quality.
- Expected availability is Q3 2009 at a cost of €350 (before taxes and subsidies)
Considering the E72 is a Eseries device, one can hope for all the Eseries goodies, the Nokia Messaging layout like on the E75 amongst other things. If recent indications (E63, E75) are anything to go by, we wouldn’t be wrong in expecting a 3.5mm jack as well. I loved the E71, still do and the E72 looks just as tempting.