Two days ago I asked you on Twitter, ‘If you were able to buy any Nokia device in the market today, what would it be?’. The answer was an overwhelming vote for the N900!
Turns out, that it is contest time here on The Symbian Blog and we are giving you a chance to win not one, not two but 3 Nokia N900’s! If you haven’t have had a chance to play with a N900 yet, I can tell you that it is an amazing device that you will thoroughly enjoy, I bought one the moment I played with my review unit.
[Update – You have until 11:59 PM IST on the 23rd of April to get your entries in.]
Now back to the contest, here is how to enter:
- You need to visit the Ovi Store using this link and download the Hi-N-Bye application.
Once you do that you will have three avenues to win:
- First: Simply tell us what you think of the application – things you like and things you would like to see improved. The top review judged on criteria such as value and merit will be awarded a Nokia N900. Over.
- Second: Share your Ovi Store experience with us along with what you think would make the Ovi Store perfect. Over.
- Third: You need to do nothing for this one. Once you have downloaded the Hi-N-Bye application from the Ovi Store, simply enter your name in the comments section below and at the end of the contest, we will choose one lucky winner based on a random draw.
Hi-N-Bye is a motion controlled accelerometer based application that recognizes hand gestures and eliminates the need of using physical buttons to complete tasks such as answering a call, switching on the loudspeaker, switching between calls and terminating them.
When your phone rings, you can simply look at who is calling and simply put the phone to your ear without pressing a button and the call will be automatically answered. If you are wondering how this works, the following video should help:
Hi-N-Bye is currently 3€ (4$, 2.6£ or 175 INR) at the Ovi Store and has been tested on N82, N95, N96, 5800, N97, N97 mini and the X6, but should work on similar devices as well.
- The contest is open to everyone, irrespective of geographic location.
- Only one entry per person, however you can enter in all three categories if you wish.
- The last date for submitting your entries for the first two categories is the 18th of April.
- The last date for entering the lucky draw (third category) is the 23rd of April (11:59 PM IST).
- You can enter the first and second categories by writing a comment below. If you have a blog, you can also write a post with your opinion and then link to this post.
- Downloading the Hi-N-Bye application from the Ovi Store is mandatory for entering this contest.
- The decision of the organisers is final and no queries will be entertained with regard to the selection process. More fine print here.
- Subscribe via RSS, Email or Twitter so that you don’t miss out on any updates.